Signs and symptoms of postpartum depression:
- Overwhelmed by the changes to your family, new responsibilities, and additional stress
- Uncertain in your role, how to physically and emotionally support the mother or how to care for your new child
- Isolated from your friends, partner, work, or baby
- Frustrated, angry or irritable
- Dread over what parenthood will be like, finances, fear of the future, feeling unprepared
Why it matters:
- Parents who are involved have more socially competent, emotionally stable, and less aggressive children
- Parents spending time with their children early on have a closer bond with their children years later
What you can do:
Reach out for support and resources:
Fill out our contact form, leave a message on our phone line or send us a text and we’ll respond within 24 hours.
Call or text: 1-800-557-8375
Join up with other parents:
We offer groups led by trained facilitators. Your feelings will be validated by people who are there to listen. You aren’t alone.
Engage your child:
Learn from volunteers and other parents with personal experiences to share.